I've been feeling very lucky and fortunate lately. So from the oh-so-trivial to the serious stuff of life, I just wanted to quickly re-cap my blessings!
*Family-My family is am-a-zing! I recently elected my mom as the funniest person I know and I'm so lucky and blessed to be able to talk to her often :)
*Spirituality-General Conference was this past weekend and it was soo refreshing! I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and know what I know.
*Friends-AH, what would I do without them! They sustain me day to day, even if I don't see them very often. I am so grateful to have so many friends who are so supportive of me. And to have friends all over is pretty cool too. I was recently asked "What is the first quality you look for in a friend?" I honestly answered 'humor' Thanks for cracking me up guys!!
*My hair-Ha ha, trivial and vain, I know but it's getting so long now and I love playing with it!
*Jobs-I feel sooo lucky to have two jobs that I love going to each day. Some days I am tempted to sing "I ....don't want to work....I want to bang on the drum all day...." but then I realize that I am grateful just to have a place to go every day and earn a living at it :)
*Sports and Sunshine :)-Speaking of jobs, one of my jobs allows me to be outside and bask in the light of the sun and it involves sports, I absolutely love it!!
*Skillz- :-) I have been trying to cut back in different ways, a big one being eating out. This has allowed me to cook at home more and I recently learned that YOU CAN FREEZE FOOD! haha, probably pretty basic, but now I freeze everything.
*Boys- Ok, so they make me crazy, but they provide a completely different point of view. I mean, how boring (and dramatic!) would a world full of just girls be..? So, from my dad to my home teachers to the boys I work with and those that I flirt with....I'm grateful for them ;)
*The Web- By this I mean, Blogs and Facebook. It's kind of silly to be thankful for things such as these but they are one of my major means of communication. I love reading everyone's blogs and seeing what they've been up to. And a number of my extended family members have recently joined Facebook. I'll admit, it was a little weird at first to have my aunts and uncles and cousins that I rarely talk to commenting on my status updates but it's nice and all our family, regardless of distance, can communicate on there. Yay!
Our Current Economic Status: I hate to use the 'r' word, but the recession has turned me into a Recessionista :) I've been panicked enough to try to cut back and save more, both things I should've been doing all along. Also, since I now loathe spending money, I needed work pants and decided to go to our local thrift store, DI. I usually hate thrift stores because just thinking about someone else wearing what I'm wearing kind of grosses me out, but I found two amazing pairs of pants and spent a total of $12 bucks! Woo Hoo! And I believe that hard times bring us all closer, so yay!
So there ya go, a short list from me. I know that so many of these things come and go and most of them could be gone tomorrow. But for now, I am SO thankful for these and ALL the blessings I have been given. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment